Answer the following question:
Explain the main historical events in California that occurred between 1880-1990’s
Requirements for essay:
· Your essay must follow MLA format and must use MLA parenthetical citations of the text.
· DO NOT USE QUOTES!
· Be specific in your analysis.
· Your essay must be at least 2000 words minimum in length.
· You may only use the course textbook (California: A History by Kevin Starr – any edition & Ramona by Helen Hunt Jackson).
· Your first paragraph must contain a series of arguments that you intend to historically prove in the text of your essay. Be sure to formally introduce the author and the book in the first couple of sentences.
· Never pose rhetorical questions in your essay. Rhetorical questions are cheap literary devices that make your writing style non-assertive and give the reader the impression that you are not in control of your essay or the material.
· Immediately give the reader your overall argument, and then, in succeeding sentences of your first paragraph list supporting arguments in chronological order. The supporting arguments should be chronological in order and build on each other.
· The topic sentences of your paragraphs must do more than simply describe what the paragraph is about, they must also state why the paragraph is important to the overall argument of your essay. In other words, the topic sentence summarizes the paragraph, but also links it back to one of the supporting arguments that you listed in your introductory paragraph.
· Paragraphs should be one-third to one-half page in length.
· Finally, your essay must have a conclusion that restates your original argument considering the data and facts that were discussed in the text of your essay.
· To obtain an optimal grade your essay must be clearly written. Clarity of style, proper grammar, spelling, analytical organization and logical coherence are essential if you wish to receive a passing grade.